Monday thru Friday
2p.m. to 10p.m.
Performs custodial work in offices, warehouses, industrial areas, and other building interiors. Lead, train, and follow-up on other cleaners. Accountable for the overall cleaning, general maintenance, and communication of facility needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assist in the coordination and team development of assigned cleaners.
2. Uses written and oral communication to effectively and efficiently communicate building and employee needs and concerns.
3. Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
4. Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures. Washes blinds and windows, may replace blinds.
5. Sanitize and detail bathroom fixtures and mirrors.
6. Remove debris and other trash from the facility.
7. Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas. May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
8. May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks
1. Must be well organized
2. Must have janitorial or housekeeping experience
3. Must have computers skills, including the use of the internet and email.
4. Must have strong customer services skills and leadership skills
5. Must have excellent communication skills.
6. Problem Solving
8. High Ethical Standards
Leads, coaches, and trains other cleaners, may be singly responsible for the cleaning of one or more buildings.
The cleaner performs their work in a variety of building settings; office, warehouse, theatre, hospital, government, manufacturing facility, and other general public and private common areas. The cleaner may come in contact with various contaminants; allergens, chemicals, viruses, bodily fluids and such. Appropriate personal protective equipment shall be provided and utilized to the fullest.
Walks, sits, stands, bends, lifts, twists, and moves continually during working hours. Is subject to lifting over 35 pounds.
Required Education & Experience
1 year commercial cleaning experience.
Preferred Education & Experience
1 year leadership experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must pass criminal background check.
Must pass initial and random drug screening.
Woodley Building Maintenance (WBM) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. WBM complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
WBM expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WBM employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We're Woodley Building Maintenance (WBM), one of the Midwest’s leading custodial service companies, keeps client facilities confidently clean with a range of interior and exterior services, across a broad spectrum of industries.
Employees are the lifeblood of our organization and with this in mind Woodley Building Maintenance has gone to great lengths to have a diverse team in the building services industry with the depth and breadth of talent to allow us to deliver service excellence consistently.
Our passionate leadership and management team is experienced, tenured, and knowledgeable about all areas pertaining to building maintenance, and is focused on providing direction and support needed to sustain a customer-focused culture.
Woodley Business Maintenance gives you the unique opportunity to grow as a person. We provide a one-stop building maintenance solutions, which means we have many hats to wear, so to speak. Interested in wearing one of those hats? We'd love to connect.