The Lodge of Four Seasons in Lake Ozark, Missouri is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Executive Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to this full service resort managed by Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the Executive Chef:
• Drives the spirit of innovation and new ideas that create meaningful value for the organization.
• Ensures the culinary facilities meets quality, internal and loss prevention standards through audits and inspection.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Supervises food preparation, cost quality, quantity inventories, portion control menu planning, recipes and testing of samples submitted by purchasing department; assist in planning monthly kitchen budget.
• Oversees job methods and cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service.
• Develops standard recipes for all dishes to ensure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality; test new products on the market, recipes and formulas.
• Develops new cooking methods for improvement of cuisine; maintain contact with other chefs and visits other kitchens to keep abreast of new development of food and equipment.
• Assists with interviewing and hiring of applicants for employment; along with training program; and assist with the set up work schedules and job requirements.
• Assists in preparing inventories, budget forecast and may revise work schedules for each week; report on daily payrolls overtime, absenteeism and accidents.’
• Completes market lists; assists in the ordering of necessary items and inspect such foods as meat, fish and vegetables received from markets.
• Assists line cooks during peak hours.
• Works with other departments to coordinate special functions and outings. Regular and reliable attendance.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Executive Chef:
• Associates Degree; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
• Must have Food Safety and Sanitation Training.
• Possesses knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.