Courier Job Summary
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Courier for the American Red Cross!
Couriers provide for the delivery and return of blood products and materials to internal and external customers. Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids.
Courier – Responsibilities
- Operate vehicle for the delivery of blood products and materials. Operate vehicle safely and within traffic laws. May require driving in inclement weather conditions.
- Prepare for deliveries by verifying orders, loading vehicles and maintaining route supply inventory to ensure prompt delivery of products to customers.
- Document temporary storage and transportation of blood, blood products and materials as required by internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Perform routine checks of product storage temperatures and maintenance of temperature controlled units at off-site storage locations.
- Provide customer service by giving basic information and interacting in a positive proactive manner with hospital employees.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Courier describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- No minimum work experience required.
- Previous experience with a messenger service or trucking company desired.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean DMV record.
- Legible penmanship and ability to read and write at high school level is required.
Hours: Part time; 1st shift Monday, Wednesday and Friday – start time 8:30 am
Pay Rate: $11.00 hourly based on experience
*Must obtain a class E driver's licence and take an online defensive driving course.Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.