Customer Service – Call Center $16.35/Hour - Up to $18.35 in 6 months
An additional $3.00/hour shift differential is earned if placed on a Noon-9pm Monday through Thursday, 8am-5pm Friday shift
Looking to build-on or start your career with a financial industry leader? This is an opportunity, when excelled at, has proven to lead into various career paths throughout the organization. Looking to continue your education? You will also be rewarded for successfully completing college level credits towards a college degree with the assistance of a $12,000/year tuition reimbursement program.
MOHELA (Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority), a nationally-recognized leader in student loan servicing, is currently seeking results oriented and individuals to work in a highly professional and fast-paced environment as Student Loan Counselors at our Columbia, MO Servicing Center. Student Loan Counselors receive inbound calls and make outbound calls to delinquent loan borrowers while providing the highest customer service experience and are trained to resolve customer inquiries, take loan payments and provide repayment options to student loan borrowers regarding their student loan debt.
Starting salary is $16.35/hour. The opportunity to earn up to $18.35/hour within 6 months may be achieved through an additional performance pay differential. An additional $3.00/hour shift differential is earned if placed on a Noon-9pm Monday through Thursday, 8am-5pm Friday shift
- Earn $1,000 within 60-90 days, plus an additional $100/biweekly for opting-out of MOHELA’s medical plan. (must show proof of being insured by another group medical plan).
- Earn an average of an additional $125 the first four biweekly pay periods for working the federal contract
- Earn varying department incentive bonuses, when available.
- Proven skilled Spanish/English Bilingual counselors receive an additional $1/hour.
New Hires will be well-trained to understand federal policies and regulations while learning how to offer a personalized interaction to meet the unique needs of each student loan borrower serviced.
- Must be able to attend and complete 10+ weeks of paid training
- Hours of training are 8am - 5pm, Monday – Friday.
Hours After Training:
- MOHELA has different shifts: Mon – Fri 7:00 am - 4:00 pm; Mon -Thu 9:00am - 6:00 pm, Fri 8:00am-5:00pm; 10:30am-7:30pm Mon – Thur, 8am-5pm Friday with a $1.50/hr shift differential; and a Mon -Thu 12:00 pm-9:00pm & Fri 8:00am-5:00pm with a $3.00/hr shift differential. At this time we cannot guarantee which shift you will be placed on but all efforts will be made to give you your first choice. More than likely it would be the day time shifts. In the future you may bid for other shifts.
- Required overtime (Time and a Half Pay) will consist of an additional 5-10 hours/week for 4-6 weeks, including 2-3 Saturday half days, during a 3 month period. At times, business needs may not allow for much notice resulting in staying late, shortening lunches to 30 minutes, or coming in early the next day.
MOHELA Offers Excellent Employee Benefits:
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $12,000 per year after 3 months for an Associates, Bachelor, or Masters degree
- Dependent child college tuition reimbursement after 1 year
- Medical + Dental + and Vision coverage within 60-90 days
- 401K with dollar for dollar match up to 8% of salary after 1 year
- Fully vested company paid pension after 5 years
- Paid Time Off and Vacation
- 6 Paid holidays
- 4 Paid personal holidays
- On-site Fitness Center
- Opportunity for advancement (most employment vacancies are filled internally)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Call Center Experience a plus
- Outstanding Attendance and Punctuality
- Ability to Provide Excellent Customer Service
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Excellent Time Management and Multi-tasking Skills
- Strong Computer Skills
- Must Possess a Friendly and Professional Speaking Voice and Patient Demeanor
- Must NOT be in default on any federal student loans or defaulted loans that are guaranteed by the federal government (typically 270 days past due)
- Must be able to obtain a Federal 5C Security Clearance after hire
To build a diverse workforce, MOHELA encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans. We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by phone at 636-733-3700 ext 3571 (TDD: Dial 711) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
MOHELA is a student loan servicer with about 1.8 million borrowers, $38 billion worth loans in combined portfolios owned by federal government, special entities, and itself. We are a contracted servicer with the Department of Education. We currently have around 580 employees and we are conveniently headquartered in Chesterfield, Missouri, with an operation center in Columbia, Missouri, and an office in Washington, DC. We have been actively providing financial support and other support to Missouri's higher education programs for more than 30 years.