J2 Scientific and its sister-company Cenetra have an opening for a highly motivated individual to assist with human resources duties for 30-40 employees.
Assist with the day-to-day HR transactions for the Human Resource Department.
Will consider full and part-time applicants.
Principal Job Duties:
• Assist in hiring process; to include: logging applicants, scheduling interviews, processing paperwork, background checks, communication with applicants.
• Maintain various employee logs related to benefits, PTO accrual, temp hours, etc.
• Organize and maintain employee files; ensure all required documentation is obtained.
• Assist with employee reviews; scheduling, working with managers on review forms, attending reviews as HR representative.
• Work with managers to ensure employee discipline write-ups are consistent and complete.
• Schedule new employee training; update logs.
• Schedule and assist in preparation for periodic and mandatory safety meetings and yearly refreshers; update logs.
• Point of contact in the company for employment agencies; maintain good relationship.
• Assist in payroll and time sheet review
• Assist employees with benefit and policy questions.
• Maintain organizational charts and phone lists
Other duties as assigned
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of programs
• Basic knowledge of HR policies
• Strong relationship-building skills
• Ability to maintain professional and confidential working relationships with all levels of the company
• 2 years in general Human Resources or Recruiting
• Minimum 2 year college degree
J2 Scientific manufactures and sells environmental lab equipment worldwide. Our teams possess a great sense of pride and ownership. Our values encourage focusing on customers, quality, curiosity, passion, teamwork and integrity.
J2 Scientific is a great place to work, where your creativity is encouraged and welcomed, dress is casual, and the hours are stable. Our benefits include health, dental and life insurance, 12 paid personal days per year that increase with seniority, 8 paid holidays and a 401K plan. Terrific people, challenging work and a convenient location in Columbia make J2 Scientific the best place to put your talents to work!
Location/Region: Columbia, MO (US)