Accounts Payable Coordinator
Treasurer’s Office, Missouri Annual Conference
The United Methodist Church
Employment: Position filled by application and interview with the Assistant Treasurer/Controller
Compensation: Shall be determined annually by the Director of Finance and Administration
A. General Work Relationships and Understandings
1. Work in a collegial relationship with the other staff members at the Conference Center.
2. Maintain regular weekday office hours as agreed upon with the Assistant Treasurer/Controller.
3. Work may require evening, overnight, and weekend engagements at times.
4. Possess operational knowledge of office equipment and systems especially as they apply to this position.
B. Accounts Payable Coordinator Responsibilities
1. Review vouchers for all requested disbursements, to include requests for travel or other expense reimbursements, to insure that requests are properly authorized and accurate.
2. Review all vendor invoices and statements for accuracy and work with vendors as necessary to make needed adjustments and corrections.
3. Coordinate accounts payable issues with the Benefits Coordinator and other personnel as needed to insure that accounts are paid accurately and timely.
4. Produce and mail checks in a timely manner.
5. Maintain accounts payable files assuring accuracy and completeness.
6. Participate in month-end closing as it pertains to accounts payable.
7. Assume other responsibilities are requested.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator/Production Technician is accountable to the Assistant Treasurer/Controller.
1. Experience: A minimum of two years experience in accounts payable is required or a bachelors degree in accounting and finance. Proficiency with integrated computer software as it relates to accounts payable and databases as well as spreadsheet and word processing programs is required.
2. Education: An Associate’s degree or certification in Accounting is preferred.
3. Skills: Must possess an ability to work well in a fast-paced and sometimes demanding environment. Excellent communication skills, including grammar and writing skills, is required. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
4. Qualities: A pleasant demeanor and ability to work with widely varying constituencies within a religious, non-profit environment is required.